Prime Games Ltd.
Based in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Company Founding date:
January 20, 2017
Dust and Salt Release date:
January 25, 2018
Dust and Salt Gamebook is a text based game with tactical battles which has you as the main hero leading your troops in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go and whom to form alliances with. Force your will with either diplomacy or through war. Do you have what it takes to unite and lead the people of the Sin Lands through bloody battles and to victory? Will you get rid of the oppressors of this world or become one yourself? Are you worthy to rule? Build up an army and fulfill your oath to avenge your father’s death by making the Seven High Lords of Murk pay with their heads, no matter the cost to you. The game consists of a story text, a world map, and a tactical combat layer. On the world map you can choose to travel to different locations. The story text builds around the constant choices you make. Once you engage in battle the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as turn based combat. All of the above is presented in vivid writings by the quill of the author Sycamore Bright.
- Story is king. Rich, non-linear story that reminds of D&D with a "flair of battle". We’d describe it as a choose-your-own-adventure book that meets an RPG.
- Tactical combat maps. This is not checkers, this is a grown-up combat simulation. Send your light-armored infantry, the Nameless Wolves, through the woods into the back of the enemy while your armored, hammer-wielding Nameless Bears stall the enemy attack.
- Decisions matter. The narrative branches based on your choices. Your actions define and shape the world you experience.
- Character development. Are your decisions black or white? Will they lead to a better future for the Sin Lands or will you turn into a usurper?
- Memorable personalities. Characters have memorable personalities. Stand up to the cunning Lords of the Sin Lands in well-written interactive dialogues.
- Art that gives more life to the whole story. Zoom-in on the world map and experience the detail of the artistic work.
- No restrictive class-system. You don’t pick abstract skills or classes. Instead the choices you make define what abilities your character will learn.
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Dust and Salt, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Yavor Yalachkov (Sycamore Bright)
Author of the book
Translator, Community Manager